Too Old For This S!th
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dunce Unit Tau Upsilon
Dunce Unit Tau Upsilon
Admin
https://tofts-heroes.board-directory.net

Dunce's Guide for Pit Raids Empty Dunce's Guide for Pit Raids

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 am
IT'S ALL ABOUT TURN METER CONTROL
It's all about turn meter.  Keep that in mind.  There are several characters who's attacks remove turn meter.  If the Gamorrean Guards or Rancor can't get a turn, they can't kill you.  Control of turn meter has been the key to my success in the Pit Raids.

Secondly, speed is key.  You'll need your characters upgraded with mods to make them as fast as possible.

So here's how I do what I do:

Characters
I only use three characters.  Commander Luke, Biggs or Geonosian Soldier (Typically Biggs), and the First Order Officer.  

Why only three characters?  Because Biggs or the Geonosian Soldier's special (which is available every other turn) not only attacks but calls on another character to attack.  If the only other characters are either First Order officer or Commander Luke, that means there's a 50% chance they'll call Commander Luke to attack.  Commander Luke's regular attack removes 30% turn meter when fully upgraded.  If the enemy can't get a turn, they can't kill you (or eat you!).

COMMANDER LUKE:
Level 85, 7*
Gear Lvl XII (currently working on the last three gear for him)
Speed = 242 (mods 90)*****    --> GET HIM AS FAST AS POSSIBLE

BIGGS:
Level 85, 7*
Gear Lvl XII (still have two to go)
Speed = 171 (mods 63) --> not as good but sufficient

FIRST ORDER OFFICER
Level 85, 7*
Gear Lvl XI (still have a ways to go before Lvl XII)
Speed = 176 (mods 31) --> need more speed mods, but have other priorities right now

GENOSIAN SOLDIER
Lvl 85, 7*
Gearl Lvl X (not a priority to upgrade him)
Speed = 196 (mods 42) --> This is what makes him better than Biggs right now

Strategy:
The goal is control of the guards' and rancor turn meter.  If they can't get a turn, you can't die.  That's why speed is so much more important than power or critical hits or whatever. For example, the First Order Officer's current regular attack typically hits between 4,500-8,500 points. That's nothing. Especially since it's usually in the 4,000s. BUT... if your enemies can't get a turn, but you do, that 4,000 adds up. I just (2/8/18) played a round where he scored 2.5 million before he finally died.

So when I'm playing the guards, I'll kill the two buddies and then work on the main guard.  Cmndr Luke's regular attack removes 30% turn meter.  I'll use his special attack ("Use the Force"), which removes 100% turn meter, only if the enemy's turn meter looks to be 50% or more.  After using "Use the Force," on Luke's next turn I'll use his other special, "Call to Action," at it gives him 100% turn meter, thus lowering the cooldown of "Use the Force" by one turn.

Meanwhile, I'll use Biggs' regular attack.  I only use his special, "Comrade-in-Arms" if the enemy's turn meter looks to be about 20% or greater.

First Order Officer fills in the gaps.  He has two useful specials.  One, "Marching Orders," gives a selected player 100% turn meter.  I'll always use this on Cmndr Luke when needed.  The second, "Pinning Shot," removes 15% turn meter.  I'll only use this if it looks like the enemy's turn meter is 20% or greater.  

Sometimes the enemy is able to resist the effects of turn meter removal.  This sucks but is part of the game.  So playing takes some strategy and practice to see how it all comes together.

I figure if one more member is able to do what I do, we'll all be able to start getting Han Solo shards.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work as well in the Tank Raid.  General Grievous gets 100% turn meter every 11th time you hit him.  So while you may be able to hold him off for a while, it's impossible to do it indefinitely like you can in the pit raid. And I'm still trying to figure out the B2 Rocket droid (that guy sucks!).

Hope this helps.
I'd love to hear your feedback, tips, tricks, or questions.  

Happy Playing.
Master Yogi
Master Yogi

Dunce's Guide for Pit Raids Empty Re: Dunce's Guide for Pit Raids

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:10 am
Quite an impressive guide, is this the squad you used for the heroic raid?
Dunce Unit Tau Upsilon
Dunce Unit Tau Upsilon
Admin
https://tofts-heroes.board-directory.net

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:02 pm
I think I may have traded Biggs for Qui Gon. For some reason, I went this far in the game without realizing QGJ removed turn meter. Either way, it was fairly easy. I don't think the rancor even got a chance to attack. So I probably could have stuck with my usual.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum